Homepage

Recent Photo

imgp4820


Welcome to the Mansefield Garden Website

Mansefield is a Category B listed former Georgian Manse.
The original house was built in 1718 and faced the road. Today this comprises the middle, harled section of the current house. A further wing, to the rear of this, was added in 1820 with 2 later additions in Victorian times.
The adjacent Alford West Church was built between 1804 and 1826 and contains several locally important gravestones including those of early botanist John Duncan and poet Charles Murray.
The house and church mark the site of the original village of Alford, which relocated to its current position with the arrival of the railway in Victorian times.